Sildigra XL Plus is a drug that is used in men with erectile dysfunction. The drug contains a high dose of the active component sildenafil. The drug is known to be an effective cure for erectile dysfunction resistant to lower doses of sildenafil. The drug helps to widen blood vessels in the penis. There is inhibition of an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of vasodilatory chemicals.
Sildenafil in different doses is approved for use in benign hyperplasia of the prostate and a condition of the lung known as pulmonary hypertension.
The drug profile of Sildigra XL Plus including the merits, demerits, and uses of the drug are mentioned below.
What is Sildigra XL Plus?
Sildigra XL Plus is a medicine to treat erectile dysfunction, used in patients who do not show a desirable response to the usual lower doses of sildenafil used initially. The drug has a high dosage of the active component sildenafil.
The drug helps men to maintain and have a penile erection. The medication has a direct effect on penile erection by stimulating blood flow to the penis. The drug improves sexual satisfaction in men.
RSM Enterprise is an Indian pharmaceutical company that manufactures and distributes Sildigra XL Plus. The company produces many drugs related to sexual health. This medication is available in blue color and is in the form of tablets. The drug needs to be orally administered before coitus.
Some other popular tradenames that have the same active component are Viagra, Cenforce, Kamagra, Fildena, P-Force, and Revatio. These drugs all inhibit the phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme. This results in a buildup of vasodilatory chemicals that engorge penile blood vessels and facilitate erection.
The vasodilatory property of sildenafil helps to relieve excess pressure in the pulmonary circulation and the smooth muscle relaxant property of sildenafil helps to relieve symptoms secondary to benign enlargement of the prostate.
What Is The Dose of Sildigra XL Plus?
Sildigra XL Plus is manufactured in a distinct blue color. The drug is available at a dose of 150 mg. Orally administered tablets are available in the market. The drug is to be consumed about 30 minutes to one hour before coitus.
How Long Does it Take for Sildigra XL Plus To Kick In?
Sildenafil needs half an hour to one hour to show its effects on the body. Some patients report the onset of action as early as 12 minutes after ingestion of the drug.
How Long Does Sildigra XL Plus Last?
The duration of action of Sildigra XL Plus is different for each person. The drug usually lasts for 4 hours.
How Much Does Sildigra XL Plus Cost?
Sildigra XL Plus can be purchased at about 1 USD for one tablet. The cost for a pack of 10 tablets is 10 USD. The higher dose of the drug makes it more expensive than the lower dose forms of the same drug.
The History of Sildigra XL Plus
Sildigra XL Plus is the trade name of the generic drug Sildenafil. In 1989 the chemical sildenafil was discovered by Pfizer, a prominent pharmaceutical company. Pfizer in 1989.
The history of this drug involves research for anti-angina drugs to relieve the chest pain associated with ischemic heart disease. The drug was incidentally discovered to be useful in erectile dysfunction and to improve sexual performance in men. The necessary protocols for safety were adopted and finally, in 1998 the drug was approved for use in men with erectile dysfunction in the United States.
Who Should Take Sildigra XL Plus?
Men who cannot attain or sustain a penile erection can use Sildigra XL Plus.
The drug is most useful in men with erectile dysfunction, who have not shown a satisfactory response to lower dosages of the same drug or lower dosages of other phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors.
The drug is known to be a vasodilator and also a smooth muscle relaxant. These properties of sildenafil are used in the treatment of pulmonary artery hypertension, a condition in which there is increased pressure in pulmonary blood circulation. The drug also relieves lower urinary tract symptoms in benign enlargement of the prostate.
The drug can be useful in erectile dysfunction associated with the use of certain antidepressant medications. Secondary Raynaud’s phenomenon results in vasospasm of peripheral arteries and might lead to inadequate blood flow to the extremities. Through vasodilation, sildenafil relieves the symptoms of Raynaud’s phenomenon.
Is Sildigra XL Plus Safe?
The safety of Sildigra XL Plus has been studied. The drug is safe in men with erectile dysfunction, who do not suffer from other major organ dysfunctions or severe diseases. It is essential to note that this drug is not free of side effects. Patients can have a hypersensitive reaction to this medication. This can be a simple reaction or a life-threatening reaction.
The safety of this drug depends on the compliance of the user. The user must comply with the safety instructions provided and should not deviate from them without informing the prescribing doctor. The user should visit a nearby health center if any side effects are noted.
Common Side Effects of Sildigra XL Plus
Sildigra XL Plus is not devoid of side effects, which are seen in some individuals and absent in others. The side effects of this medicine are stated below.
- Blurring of vision
- Heart rhythm and conduction defects
- Muscular pain, resulting in back pain or even pain in the limbs
- Prolonged and painful erections
- Redness and flushing of the skin
- Sensitivity to sources of bright light
- A sudden decrease in blood pressure
- Stomach ache and indigestion
Potential Drug Interactions With Sildigra XL Plus
Drugs used for high blood pressure are alpha-blockers, blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, calcium channel blockers and angiotensin II receptor blockers. The use of both of these drugs together can result in severe hypotension. The paint may feel dizzy due to this.
Antacids include drugs such as Amphojel, Alka-Seltzer, Tums, Magnesium hydroxide, Gaviscon, Gelusil, and Maalox. These drugs should not be combined with Sildigra XL Plus.
CYP3A4 inducers include drugs used in seizures like carbamazepine and phenytoin. They induce or increase the action of the liver enzyme CYP3A4. This results in a quick breakdown of sildenafil due to the increased activity of the CYP3A4 enzyme. This results in decreased action of the drug and may even result in the ineffectiveness of the drug.
Who Should Avoid Using Sildigra XL Plus
- Patients with severe heart disease
- Patients taking any of the contraindicated medications listed in the previous section
- Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to this medication
- Patients with certain blood disorders such as hemophilia and leukemia
- Patients diagnosed with retina diseases such as retinitis pigmentosa and with a history of optic disease disorders such as a crowded optic disc
- Patients who have long-term diseases of major organs such as the kidney and the liver
How Does Sildigra XL Plus Work?
Sildigra XL Plus works by increasing the amount of vasodilatory chemical cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This vasodilatory chemical exerts its effect on the vascular spaces of the penis. It promotes blood flow in that area. This helps men to have an erection and maintain it.
The medication belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. This drug molecule attaches itself to and inhibits the action of the cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase enzyme. With decreased breakdown, the local supply of vasodilatory cGMP increases.
Some Points to Remember While Using Sildigra XL Plus
- Do not use other medication with Sildigra XL Plus without consulting our doctor.
- Do not consume more than the recommended number of tablets per day.
- Do not eat food with high-fat content before consuming this drug as it may hinder the absorption and efficacy of the drug.
Medical Research Involving Sildigra XL Plus
There are several clinical trials involving the active component present in the drug Sildigra XL Plus. Sildenafil is the active component of this drug. It was discovered during research to find a new chemical that could relieve the chest pain that is associated with decreased blood flow to the heart.
Pfizer, the renowned pharmaceutical company that produces vaccines and drugs discovered sildenafil in 1989 . The drug was tested for usefulness in erectile dysfunction and found to be effective. The drug was then found to be safe for the masses and hence in 1998, it was approved by authorities for distribution with a prescription in the United States.
Best Sildigra XL Plus Alternatives
Alternative medications are available for erectile dysfunction. The choice of drug depends on the patient profile and the analysis of the prescribing doctor. Some of these drugs have a similar mode of action and others do not.
- Tadalafil (Tadalista, Tadagra, Cialis)
- Tadalafil and dapoxetine combination ( Duraplus, Poxet, Tadaza, Tadapox)
- Udenafil (Udzire, Zudena)
- Vardenafil (Valif, Levifil, Levitra)
Natural Sildigra XL Plus Alternatives
There are natural alternatives to Sildigra XL Plus in the form of herbal products and nutritional products. These can be found at natural medication shops and are often used before any other prescription medication.
These medications may not be suitable for some individuals and should be used with proper counseling.
The main natural alternatives are given below.
- Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides)— Muira is a Brazilian herb and is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction .
- Yohimbe (Pausinystalia johimbe)— Yohimbe has been used as a natural alternative to treat impotence .
- Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris)— Tribulus is a herbal product. It can improve male sexual performance .
- Pine Pollen (Pinus spp.)— Pine pollen is a known traditional medicine known to help men with sexual dysfunction .
- Zinc— Zinc is an element that is considered a micronutrient. The element is very important for the normal functioning of several cells in the body. It is also important for normal sexual performance . Free zinc particles are found in the erectile tissue of the penis and zinc is also found to be effective as an adjunct in improving sexual performance. Trials have shown that it is more effective than placebo medication.
Where to Buy Sildigra XL Plus in 2022
Your nearest pharmaceutical shop and online vendors are both options to buy Sildigra XL Plus. The buyer should bring their prescription for the drug to be able to buy it.
Online purchase of the drug is gaining popularity as it is discrete and convenient. The online prices of the drug may be cheaper due to online deals and sales.
References Cited in This Article:
- Ravipati, G., McClung, J. A., Aronow, W. S., Peterson, S. J., & Frishman, W. H. (2007). Type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease. Cardiology in review, 15(2), 76–86.
- Nguyen, S., Rajfer, J., & Shaheen, M. (2018). Safety and efficacy of daily Revactin® in men with erectile dysfunction: a 3-month pilot study. Translational andrology and urology, 7(2), 266–273.
- Susset, J. G., Tessier, C. D., Wincze, J., Bansal, S., Malhotra, C., & Schwacha, M. G. (1989). Effect of yohimbine hydrochloride on erectile impotence: a double-blind study. The Journal of urology, 141(6), 1360–1363.
- GamalEl Din, S. F., Abdel Salam, M. A., Mohamed, M. S., Ahmed, A. R., Motawaa, A. T., Saadeldin, O. A., & Elnabarway, R. R. (2019). Tribulus terrestris versus placebo in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and lower urinary tract symptoms in patients with late-onset hypogonadism: A placebo-controlled study. Urologia, 86(2), 74–78.
- Liang, S. B., Liang, N., Bu, F. L., Lai, B. Y., Zhang, Y. P., Cao, H. J., Fei, Y. T., Robinson, N., & Liu, J. P. (2020). The Potential Effects and Use of Chinese Herbal Medicine Pine Pollen (Pinus pollen): A Bibliometric Analysis of Pharmacological and Clinical Studies. World journal of traditional Chinese medicine, 6(2), 163–170.
- Kang, B. S., Suh, S. W., Yang, D. Y., Choi, B. Y., & Lee, W. K. (2022). Expression and Distribution of Free Zinc in Penile Erectile Tissue. The world journal of men’s health, 10.5534/wjmh.210168