Silditop is a drug that is prescribed for impotence in men. The drug has an active component called sildenafil. The drug inhibits an enzyme that is responsible for the breakdown of vasodilatory chemicals.
Reduced breakdown of vasodilators results in the dilation of blood vessels and increased blood supply to the penis. Other uses of sildenafil are in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia and pulmonary artery hypertension.
For those looking to try this medication, it is best to know all about the drug first such as its uses, contraindications, and side effects.
What is Silditop?
Silditop is a medication used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a disease in which men cannot achieve or sustain an erection for sexual activities. Erectile dysfunction is also known as male impotence. Silditop is the tradename for a popular generic drug called sildenafil.
Silditop is manufactured by a pharmaceutical company based in India, called Healing Pharma India. This company produces several drugs. The drug is manufactured in the form of a blue-colored tablet. The oral medication is to be swallowed about an hour before intended sexual activities.
Viagra and Revatio are other drugs that contain the same active component sildenafil. The blue-colored tablets are often easily recognizable. Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme inhibitor. When phosphodiesterase-5 is inhibited there is an increase in vasodilator substances in the bloodstream. Ultimately vessels in the penis are engorged and blood flow improves. This helps to improve symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Benign enlargement of the prostate and pulmonary hypertension are other approved indications for sildenafil.
What Is The Dose of Silditop?
Silditop is manufactured as a blue-colored tablet available in various dosages. It is available in dosages of 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg. The variants are known as Silditop 25, Silditop 50, and Silditop 100 respectively. Consume the tablet 30 to 60 minutes before sexual activities.
How Long Does it Take for Silditop To Kick In?
Sildenafil needs 30 to 60 minutes to kick in. The onset of action varies with each individual and can range from as early as 12 minutes.
How Long Does Silditop Last?
Silditop lasts for an average of 4 hours. The total duration of action varies with each patient.
How Much Does Silditop Cost?
Silditop cost varies with the dosage form. It is available at 0.6 to 0.8 USD for a pack of ten tablets. It is an inexpensive option for male impotence.
The History of Silditop
Silditop has an active ingredient called Sildenafil. The chemical sildenafil was discovered by the pharmaceutical company Pfizer in 1989.
The drug was initially discovered during research on angina drugs. The drug was found to cause vasodilation and be effective in the treatment of male impotence. After safety trials, the drug was found to be safe for consumption by humans. In 1998 the drug was authorized for erectile dysfunction in European nations and the United States.
Who Should Take Silditop?
Men who suffer from an inability to produce or maintain an erection can take Silditop.
The drug is useful for men that suffer from impotence. The drug can help men to produce a satisfactory erection and to maintain the erection till the completion of sexual intercourse.
Other approved uses of the drug include Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a disease in which the prostate gland becomes enlarged and obstructs urine flow. The drug is also approved for use in pulmonary artery hypertension.
The drug is found to be effective in antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil is used off-label for secondary Raynaud’s phenomenon to relieve vasospasm and to alleviate ischemia of the extremities. There are also studies indicating the drug is effective in high-altitude pulmonary edema.
Is Silditop Safe?
Silditop is safe to use in people with erectile dysfunction who do not suffer from major organ diseases. As with all medication, users should be cautious about the side effects of this drug. The drug can cause a mild allergic reaction or severe anaphylactic reaction in people with a sensitivity to the ingredients in Silditop.
The range of side effects varies from common mild reactions to severe rare reactions. The user must follow the precautions as advised by the prescribing physician. In case of any adverse reaction after the use of Silditop, contact the nearest hospital.
Common Side Effects of Silditop
Silditop has some side effects which are to be kept in mind while using this medication. The main side effects of this drug are listed below.
- Allergic reactions such as facial edema or itching
- Eye disturbances such as blurring of peripheral vision, photophobia
- Hearing loss
- Nose bleeds
- Prolonged and painful erections
- Severe low blood pressure
- Skin eruptions such as rashes and hives
- Throbbing headache
- Upset stomach
Potential Drug Interactions With Silditop
Nitrates include drugs such as isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, and nitroglycerin. They are drugs used for angina treatment. When these drugs are combined with Silditop there can be severe hypotension. So patients with chest pain who are on this medication and heart disease patients need to seek medical advice before consuming Silditop.
Simultaneous use of alpha-blockers and Silditop can result in severely low blood pressure. The patient may feel dizzy and even faint. Doxazosin and tamsulosin are common alpha-blockers used to treat an enlarged prostate.
CYP3A4 enzyme is responsible for the metabolism of sildenafil. So drugs that inhibit this enzyme can cause an accumulation of the active drug within the bloodstream and result in unwanted side effects. CYP3A4 inhibitors include antifungal drugs such as ketoconazole and itraconazole. Macrolide antibiotics such as erythromycin and clarithromycin also inhibit the CYP3A4 enzyme.
CYP3A4 inducers such as carbamazepine and phenytoin can increase the action of the CYP3A4 enzyme. A quicker breakdown of the active ingredient of Silditop can result in a reduction in the intended effect.
Other Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors
Other drugs such as tadalafil and vardenafil should not be combined with Silditop.
Who Should Avoid Using Silditop?
- Patients with allergies or sensitivity to the ingredients in Silditop
- Patients with eye diseases such as ischemic optic neuropathy and degenerative diseases
- Patients with cardiovascular conditions like left ventricular outflow obstruction
- Patients with hematological diseases such as hemophilia which is a clotting disorder
- Patients with kidney diseases such as Stage 2 and above chronic kidney disease
- Patients with chronic liver disease
How Does Silditop Work?
Silditop contains an active ingredient called sildenafil. This is a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor. The drug is a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme phosphodiesterase-5.
The drug binds to the phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme and prevents the degradation of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) by this enzyme. Vascular smooth muscles are relaxed by cGMP. Penile erection is maintained by the relaxation of vascular smooth muscle in the corpus carvernosum of the penis. The user can thus maintain an erection during the duration of sexual intercourse.
Some Points to Remember While Using Silditop
- Use the drug as per physician instructions directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the recommended dose of the drug and in case of overdose visit a hospital.
- Do not combine the drug with alcohol.
Medical Research Involving Silditop
There are several studies regarding the active ingredient present in the drug Silditop. Sildenafil is an active component that was discovered in 1989 by a pharmaceutical company called Pfizer.
The active component sildenafil has been approved for use in the United States since March 1998 . It was initially discovered during research for drugs to relieve chest pain associated with ischemic heart disease.
It was found to dilate blood vessels and later underwent trials for erectile dysfunction and was found to be effective for this purpose. It underwent further safety trials which proved that the drug is appropriate for safe consumption.
Best Silditop Alternatives
Silditop has many alternatives. Some alternatives contain the same active component sildenafil while some belong to a different class of medication. To find the most suitable drug for you, consult your physician.
- Avanafil (Avana, Avagra, Spedra)
- Tadalafil (Chocolis, Cialis)
- Tadalafil and dapoxetine combination ( Poxet, Tadapox)
- Mirodenafil (Mvix)
- Udenafil (Zudena, Zydena)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
Natural Silditop Alternatives
Some herbal formulations and nutrient supplements can lead to a reduction in the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. These products are available over the counter and hence are considered the first choice for patients with impotence.
Some people may not benefit from the effects of these herbal preparations and nutrient supplements. These patients can seek stronger medication via a prescription from a doctor.
The main herbal preparations and nutrients used for erectile dysfunction are listed below.
- Catuaba (Trichilia catigua or Erythroxylum Catuaba)— Catuaba (Erythroxylum catuaba): Catuaba extract is said to have central nervous system stimulant properties. This is used in some Asian remedies as an aphrodisiac. The drug has properties that can aid in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and improve sexual performance .
- Ginseng (Panax ginseng)— Korean red ginseng is a useful natural supplement used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction . The drug is an adjunct or alternative to more invasive methods used for erectile dysfunction.
- Horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.)— This weed has been used in traditional Asian medicine for the treatment of sexual ailments in men. The drug affects the nervous system and also has a vasodilatory effect that increases penile blood flow. This weed is useful to treat erectile dysfunction . It is also known as Yinyanghuo.
- Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides)— Muira puama is derived from plants found in the Amazonian forest. This is most commonly found in Brazil. This herb has been used in medication can stimulate sex drive and treat erectile dysfunction .
Where to Buy Silditop in 2022
Silditop is a prescription medication that can be purchased at a physical pharmacy outlet or via an online seller.
Many choose to purchase this drug online as it ensures the privacy and anonymity of the user. It is available for purchase with a valid prescription via online portals.
References Cited in This Article
- Boyce, E. G., & Umland, E. M. (2001). Sildenafil citrate: a therapeutic update. Clinical therapeutics, 23(1), 2–23.
- Lim P. (2017). Asian herbals and aphrodisiacs used for managing ED. Translational andrology and urology, 6(2), 167–175.
- de Andrade, E., de Mesquita, A. A., Claro, J., de Andrade, P. M., Ortiz, V., Paranhos, M., & Srougi, M. (2007). Study of the efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Asian journal of andrology, 9(2), 241–244.
- Yang, X., Cui, Y., Zhou, Z., Zhao, H., & Zhang, Y. (2021). Analysis of pharmacological mechanisms of Yinyanghuo as treatment of erectile dysfunction with network pharmacology-based strategy. Andrologia, 53(2), e13943.
- Srivatsav, A., Balasubramanian, A., Pathak, U. I., Rivera-Mirabal, J., Thirumavalavan, N., Hotaling, J. M., Lipshultz, L. I., & Pastuszak, A. W. (2020). Efficacy and Safety of Common Ingredients in Aphrodisiacs Used for Erectile Dysfunction: A Review. Sexual medicine reviews, 8(3), 431–442.